Add your recipie
Yield: 4 Servings
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups blanched almond, ground
1 cup mashed, cooked dried fruit (, , prunes, apricots, pears or peaches)
1 cup flour
1/3 cup cold unsalted butter
2 tablespoons cold water
1 9 inch circle refrigerated pastry dough
1. Cook the dried fruit by simmering in a saucepan of water until softened enough to mash.
2. Drain well and allow to cool slightly before processing in a food processor to a thick, chunky pulp.
3. Have this done in advance and at room temperature when ready to fill pastry.
4. Set flour for the pastry dough in a bowl and using two forks or a pastry blender, cut in the butter pieces until the mixture resembles small pebbles.
5. Add water a little at a time, mixing until the dough starts to form up a ball.
6. Gather into a ball with your hands gently and knead on a very lightly floured surface just enough to make a smooth ball of dough- do not overwork the dough.
7. Cover in plastic and chill while preparing filling.
8. If you prefer, you may substitute a premade refrigerated pastry dough.
9. Beat the eggs until they are thick and lemony.
10. Beat in the granulated sugar 1 Tbsp at a time.
11. Fold in the nuts.
12. Roll out pastry dough on a lightly floured surface and cut to fit into the bottom of a 9" well greased springform pan.
13. Spread the cooled mashed fruit over the dough and then pour the nut mixture over the fruit.
14. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the eggy filling is set.
15. Chill, then remove sides of pan carefully, slice and serve.
16. Store in the refrigerator.
<<<Back or Home>>>