|Swiss-Sauced Broccoli |
Yield: 2 Servings
6 ounces fresh broccoli
2 tablespoons water
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons butter or margarine
1 1/2 teaspoons unbleached flour
1 dash salt
1 dash white pepper
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup swiss cheese, Shredded
1. Wash broccoli; remove outer leaves and tough part of stalks.
2. Cut broccoli stalks lengthwise into uniform spears, following the branching lines.
3. In a 1-quart casserole combine broccoli, water and 1/8 t salt.
4. Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 5 to 6 minutes or just till tender.
5. Let stand, covered, while preparing sauce.
6. For sauce, in a 1-cup measure microwave butter or margarine, uncovered, on 100% power for 30 to 45 seconds or till melted.
7. Stir in flour, dash salt, and pepper.
8. Stir in milk.
9. Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 to 2 minutes or till thickened and bubbly, stirring every 30 seconds.
10. Stir in shredded Swiss cheese til melted.
11. Drain Broccoli.
12. Serve sauce atop broccoli.