Add your recipie
|Swiss Tomatoes |
Yield: 6 Servings
8 good sized ripe tomatoes
1/2 cup butter
1/4 onions, grated
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
2 1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 egg yolks
1 cup grated swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Butter a baking dish with 2 inch sides.
3. Cut the tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds.
4. Lightly salt them Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
5. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes.
6. Add flour, salt pepper, paprika and mustard-whisk well and bring to a bubbling simmer.
7. Add milk and worcestershire sauce and whisk again.
8. Turn up the heat to medium and slowly whisk in the egg yolks.
9. Add the cheese and stir until melted.
10. Place tomatoes, cut side up in the cassarole dish and pour sauce over top.
11. Bake about 25 minutes until browned.
<<<Back or Home>>>